Saturday 25 March 2017

Big for your boots




jumper - Zaful
jeans - Zara
boots - ebay
bag - vintage

Super impressed by how lovely the British weather has been this weekend, but less impressed about the small-minded actions which took place in London earlier this week. At a time where the world seems to be in turmoil, your place within it can seem so small. 

And yet, that makes me more determined to make a difference; to make sure my voice is heard. 

I'm not one for preaching, but I think it's important to not to be afraid of sharing your opinion. It's easy to fall into the trap of talking without acting and it's something I'm trying to move away from.
Saying what I think is important and actually doing something important are very different, and its the latter which I hope to achieve.

Rather than adhering to the divisive rhetoric behind these events (which quickly litters my facebook feed), it's important to take a step back. Acknowledge the strength that unites us and gain a better understanding of  the importance our contribution - however small - brings to the world.

(For someone who doesn't think they're preachy, this sure sounds like a preachy post. Sorry.)

xxx



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I don't think you sound preachy - I think you sound very reflective, which I imagine a lot of people are after the events of last week. I've been thinking a lot about what more I can do recently too, instead of just saying things, so I get where you're coming from. (I really love your jumper btw, it looks so cosy!) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots are too cute!

    xx, rebecca
    rbcmrm.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the minimalistic look of the outfit with those statement boots
    -Annie
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit, girl!

    www.nomoretulips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. first, I just want to compliment your makeup-- because it's extremely on point and looks beautiful on you.
    second-- you are definitely not preaching! Please feel free to express whatever opinion you have (as long as it isn't harmful or derogatory) whenever you want to. I totally agree that during a time like this we should be speaking put more and doing something about the damage, instead of littering Facebook with nonsense and blame. Also, I love those jeans on you!

    https://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look, the faded jeans and grey jumper are perfect! I don't think this sounds like a preachy post at all, it's important that we all have a platform for our voices to be heard :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and will read and reply to every one <3

© Teandtwosugars
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig